Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Morning Marvels- Take 1

Monday mornings are bittersweet. I love the time I get to spend with Dillan during the week because, more often lately, I realize how quickly everything is flying by. I love watching him take in the numbers, colors and other completely uninteresting stuff I am trying to teach him. It seems like he is NEVER actually listening to me as he doesn't stop moving or looking elsewhere for even one second. But, then out of nowhere, he is counting his cars and talking colors and it makes me feel like I am doing right by him. Mondays, however, also bring the long week of missing Daddy and parenting pretty much solo. I start my countdown to Friday and it seems like it is forever and a day away. 
Our trusty flashcards. 

Last night's bedtime was rough. He was very overtired, even though he was going to bed earlier than usual, and a meltdown ensued. I rocked him for a while ( which I reveled in because he is NOT a snuggler) and he settled down. He was almost asleep before his head hit the pillow. He is getting to the age where he wants to do everything himself and Momma is just cramping his style. His complete meltdown, as unnecessary as it was, reminds me that he is still so little and innocent. 

So, what am I marveling today??

1. My son. I know, its a given. He is just so cute this morning, its not fair. 
2. Pregnancy. I don't feel pregnant all that often. I have yet to gain a pound and have lost 16 lbs so far. But, just last night, Hubster was able to feel the Little Lady move around. I just love her so much already. 
3. Epsom salt baths. Ok, I realize the first two are a far cry from bathtime, but I have been loving these baths lately. My hip is in pain on a regular day, so during pregnancy it has really been the worst. I don't know if its really helping or if its all in my head, but I feel better afterward and that is all that matters to me. 
4. All the new family babies. My brother and sister-in-law had a beautiful little girl last Monday and my sister is due with a little man only 17 days before myself. I love that my babies will have cousins to grow up with. It is so amazing to see the kids interact and it makes me so thankful for family, however crazy as we are. 
Dillan and his cousins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment