Sunday, January 27, 2013

Date Night

The Hubster and I started our relationship and life together pretty quickly. We had only been dating for 9 months when I found out I was pregnant with Dillan. We were married a few days before Dillan's second birthday. Seven months later, after trying, we were pregnant with the little lady. Our time before kids and solely to ourselves was limited to say the least. I feel, as a woman, I over-analyze absolutely everything and my relationship with Hubster is no different. I am glad that we didn't rush into the decision to get married and took the time we needed before we took that step. But, some days, I find myself questioning our motives for staying together. Was it for the sake of the pregnancy, and then our son? Or, did we actually have stuff that makes a lasting marriage? This is not me questioning my love for Hubster, or his love for me, just how and why we ended up here.

In a recent post, I talked about how Hubster and I haven't had a night out to ourselves in quite some time. I know, to some parents, a night out every month seems pretty often compared to what they are used to. However, with our limited time before jumping into family life, I think its an important part of keeping us connected. My parents are recently divorced after 27 years of marriage. It is my biggest fear that after the kids are gone we won't be "us" anymore. (Again, can you say over-analyze!) I never want to make my children experience what me, my siblings, and our spouses were forced to experience. It was, and sometimes still is, pure torture.

One of our last date nights, just before we found out about Little Lady. 

With that being said, last night we were able to get out for a quick dinner at a local sports pub. My mom had stopped up and Dillan was so excited to see her, that we able to sneak out for some Mommy/Daddy time. Just the hour away was enough to feel a bit more sane and a ton more content. It never fails, every time Hubster and I get out for a night by ourselves, all my silly worries are put to ease and I get almost giddy to be building our lives together. Cheers to a good night out (with sparkling juice, of course) ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment