Friday, January 25, 2013

It's finally January...

I know its actually almost February, but it finally feels like the holiday season is coming to an end around here. Because Hubster drives for UPS, our holiday season seems extremely long and draining. The exceptionally long hours start just before Thanksgiving and it is just starting to get back to normal now. It has been a rough month for not only this pregnant momma, as I have been an emotional wreck with this pregnancy compared to my last, but also for Dillan who is clearly missing his Daddy. During a normal work week, Dillan will get to see Daddy for at least a few minutes between the mornings before he leaves and the evenings before bed. During the peak season of the holidays, he can go whole work weeks without seeing a glimpse of him. I feel like I have barely seen him. 




With long work weeks, comes tired weekends, for all of us. It makes the whole family a little more on edge and it makes us try to fit way too much into every Saturday and Sunday. In turn, Daddy and I haven't had a date night in a few months. I am trying to stay positive that he and I will still get our time out when the little lady makes her debut in May, but my optimism is starting to waiver. We have a limited availability with babysitters, which makes our options few and far between. Add the attempt at saving a bit with a new baby on the way, and our date nights sound pretty lame and I wonder if I should really be missing them at all.  If it weren't for the good company and it being a necessity for my sanity, I would say I shouldn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment