Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bye Summer! It's Been Real...

As summer comes to an end, I want to take a second to recap what I love about the season and what I loved about this particular summer.

Summer (in general) 

  • BBQs- which we need more of next year. 
  • Beach days- we only had one REAL beach day this year. Real meaning an ocean beach day. Add it to the list of more for next year. 
  • Flowers- I love, love, love taking pictures of flowers. My favorite is capturing all the little critters on them. 
  • Getting the kids outside- I don't think this one needs explanation. I love when Dillan gets outside and explores instead of just hanging around the house. 
  • Camping- One of my favorite things to do. 
This past summer
  • Making Adjustments- As much as having Whitney here has been crazy, it has been much more wonderful. Seeing Dillan love on her just melts my heart. Adding her to our family just makes me feel complete. 
  • Time with Cousins- This summer we got to see my nieces and nephews more often than usual and it was awesome to watch the kids all grow up together. 
  • Seeing My Girls- I got to see my best friends 5 different times this summer. This is, by far, a record over the last few years and I can't wait to see them again. Getting our kids together after growing up with them for the last 25 years, is something so surreal. 
  • Daddy and Dillan Bonding- There is something about a Dad and his son working together on things that just makes you feel all warm inside. 
I'm sure I'll be back to add to this list as they come to me, but Dillan is currently hanging off my arm so the post must end now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment